Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Partnering with People
CRPNBC is seeking a team of evaluators (minimum 2 members) to review a psychiatric nursing education program in British Columbia. The review will be carried out under the direction of the CRPNBC Registration Committee, in accordance with the CRPNBC Recognition Process for Psychiatric Nursing Educational Programs.
The CRPNBC is responsible for establishing the standards of academic achievement required for RPN graduates and for recognizing psychiatric nursing educational programs
that prepare graduates for registration as an RPN. In the fall of 2017 the Regional Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing offered by Stenberg College will be reviewed. The Standards & Indicators for Recognition of Psychiatric Nursing Educational Programs sets out the standards that the programs must meet.
Criteria for selection of evaluators include:
▪ Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) with current and relevant expertise in psychiatric nursing education and practice
▪ Holding practicing registration as an RPN in one of the four western provinces
▪ Minimum of Masters level preparation in education or a health-related discipline
▪ Having no perceived or actual conflict of interest with the program being reviewed
Key activities include:
▪ Establish a program review plan that is consistent with the timelines found in the CRPNBC Recognition Process for Psychiatric Nursing Educational Programs
▪ Review and analyze the self-assessment report submitted by the post secondary institution
▪ Organize and conduct a site visit, dates found below
▪ Review and evaluate the program against the Standards & Indicators for Recognition of Psychiatric Nursing Educational Programs
▪ Provide draft written report to post secondary institution for feedback
▪ Submit final written report that addresses each standard and indicator, including a recommendation for recognition status of program and any associated terms and
▪ Reviewing findings with CRPNBC staff and Registration Committee
Review and analysis of self-assessment: September 16 to October 15, 2017
Site visit: October 16–20 or October 23–27
Submission of final report to CRPNBC: November 30, 2017
Presentation to Registration Committee: December 14, 2017
Applications may also be accepted from professionals who are not RPNs who meet the education and education program evaluation experience requirements. In these cases, the applicant must also demonstrate how they will engage psychiatric nursing education
subject matter experts in the process.
If you have questions or would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Fiona Ramsay, Registrar/Director of Operations, [email protected] To apply, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to the same address. Applications will be received
until Friday, 7 July, 2017.