Psychiatric Nursing Education
The Registered Psychiatric Nurse Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) reviews and approves psychiatric nursing education programs under the authority set out in the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act, 1993.
For more information about the RPNAS education program review process or any of the documents listed below, please contact .
RPN Education Program(s) approved in Saskatchewan
- * Saskatchewan Polytechnic – Psychiatric Nursing – Psychiatric Nursing Diploma
Please note: RPNAS does not approve the Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing (BPN) at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. The BPN program is a degree completion program for graduates of a diploma program. This is an academic credential only, and is not approved as meeting the entry-level education requirements for registration.
Canadian RPN Education Programs
Psychiatric nursing education programs are currently offered in four Canadian provinces: Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia.
- 1. Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) – Psychiatric Nursing Diploma
- 2. British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) – offers diploma and degree options.
- 3. College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta (CRPNA) – Psychiatric Nursing Diploma
- 4. College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) – Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing (BScPN)