Baccalaureate Level Program Scholarship
The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan provides a scholarship award of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00), available on an annual basis, to an active practising member pursuing an academic program leading to a Baccalaureate degree which relates to psychiatric nursing. The following criteria must be met before monies are awarded.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICAION
- The applicant must hold active practising membership with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan with at least two successive years of psychiatric nursing practise as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse immediately preceding the current membership year.
- The applicant must provide proof of formal enrollment in a recognized, post-diploma program leading to a Baccalaureate related to psychiatric nursing, (“ie” Brandon University, Douglas College).
- The applicant must have made a significant contribution to the profession and/or Association beyond the responsibilities of his/her job.
- The applicant shall provide a full course outline of the program.
- The applicant must complete the attached questionnaire.
- If two or more applicants equally meet the required criteria #1 to #5, consideration will be given to academic achievement.
- If two or more applicants equally meet the required criteria #1 to #6, consideration will then be given to the number of courses completed toward the degree.
- A member shall be eligible for scholarship monies once during their pursuit of a Baccalaureate level degree related to psychiatric nursing.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Applications for Baccalaureate Level Program Scholarship monies must be submitted no later than May 1st each year.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Members of the RPNAS Selection Committee will select Baccalaureate Level Program Scholarship recipients from amongst applications received. Recipients will be notified before June 1st each year. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
If there are no eligible applicants for the RPNAS Baccalaureate Level Program Scholarship then the monies may be awarded to the RPNAS Nursing Education Program of Saskatchewan Student Year IV Scholarship.