Doctor Level Program Scholarship
The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan provides one scholarships of $2,000.00, available on an annual basis, to an active practising member pursuing an academic program leading to a doctorate degree which relates to psychiatric nursing. The following criteria must be met before monies are awarded:
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
- The applicant must hold active practising membership with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan with at least five successive years of psychiatric nursing practise as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse immediately preceding the current membership year.
- The applicant must provide proof of formal enrollment in a recognized, doctorate level program leading to a doctorate degree. Including a full description of the program and expected completion date.
- The applicant must provide an overview of how the doctorate will enhance the profession of psychiatric nursing [1,000 to 1,500 words, 4 to 6 pages].
- The applicant must have made a significant contribution to the profession and/or the Association beyond the responsibilities of his/her job.
- The applicant must provide a copy of his/her dissertation to RPNAS.
- If two or more applicants equally meet the required Criteria #1 to #5, consideration will be given to academic achievement.
- A member shall be eligible for scholarship monies twice during his/her pursuit of a doctorate level degree related to psychiatric nursing.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Applications for doctorate level program scholarship monies must be submitted no later than May 1st each year.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Members of the RPNAS Selection Committee will select Doctorate Level Program Scholarship recipients from amongst applications received. Recipients will receive scholarship award at RPNAS Annual General Meeting. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
2055 Lorne Street
Regina SK S4P 2M4