Master’s Level Program Scholarship
The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan provides two scholarships of $1,000.00 each, available on an annual basis, to an active practising member pursuing an academic program leading to a master’s degree which relates to psychiatric nursing. The following criteria must be met before monies are awarded.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
- The applicant must hold active practising membership with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan with at least two successive years of psychiatric nursing practise as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse immediately preceding the current membership year.
- The applicant must provide proof of formal enrollment in a recognized, master level program leading to a master’s degree. Including a full description of the program and expected completion date.
- The applicant must complete attached questionnaire.
- The applicant must have made a significant contribution to the profession and/or the Association beyond the responsibilities of his/her job.
- The applicant should provide a copy of his/her research proposal.
- If two or more applicants equally meet the required Criteria #1 to #5, consideration will be given to academic achievement.
- A member shall be eligible for scholarship monies once during his/her pursuit of a master’s level degree related to psychiatric nursing.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Applications for master’s level program scholarship monies must be submitted no later than May 1st each year.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Members of the RPNAS Selection Committee will select master’s Level Program Scholarship recipients from amongst applications received. Recipients will be notified by June 1st each year. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
2055 Lorne Street
Regina SK S4P 2M4