Psychiatric Nursing Program Student Year III Joyce P. Long Memorial Bursary
The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan offers one bursary of three hundred dollars ($300.00) for Year III Psychiatric Nursing Program students from monies contributed by the Joyce P. Long Memorial Bursary fund.
- Student must be enrolled in third year of the Psychiatric Nursing Program.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 70 percent.
- Student must hold a valid student membership with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan.
- Student must have attended at least one Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan provincial or branch function prior to applying.
- Utilizing the clinical performance evaluation form the applicant must demonstrate leadership and proficiency in all clinical rotations but particularly during a mental health clinical rotation, (i.e., high motivation, enthusiasm for learning, initiative, sound clinical judgement, application of theory to clinical practise, positive attitude toward profession).
- Applicant must obtain a letter of reference from a Psychiatric Nursing Program faculty member.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Applications for Year III Memorial Bursary monies must be submitted to the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan no later than May 1st of each year.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Members of the RPNAS Selection Committee will select a Year III Memorial Bursary recipient from amongst the applications received based on evaluation of the required criteria. Bursary to be awarded by June 1st of each year. Recipient will be notified by RPNAS. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
2055 Lorne Street
Regina SK S4P 2M4