The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) annually offers two bursaries, to a maximum amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00) each, for registered psychiatric nurses completing a formal post-diploma academic program leading to a certificate, diploma or degree which relates to psychiatric nursing. The following criteria must be met before monies are awarded:
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
- The applicant must be an active practising member in good standing for two years immediately preceding the application for a bursary.
- The bursary must be utilized within a formal learning program which relates to psychiatric nursing and leads to a recognized certificate, diploma or degree.
- The applicant must complete the attached questionnaire.
- The applicant must have made a significant contribution to the profession beyond the responsibilities of his/her job.
- The applicant must not have received financial assistance from the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan in the past for programs required for the completion of the certificate, diploma or degree currently being pursued.
- If two or more applicants meet the required criteria consideration will be given based on the extent of completion of the attached questionnaire.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Application for Registered Psychiatric Nurse Bursary monies must be submitted no later than May 1st each year.
Members of the RPNAS Selection Committee will select RPN Bursary recipients from amongst applications received. Bursary recipients will be notified by June 1st of each year. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
2055 Lorne Street
Regina SK S4P 2M4
Telephone: 586-4617; Fax: 586-6000