RPNAS Council, staff and members are deeply saddened by today’s announcement of the recovery of 751 unmarked graves at a cemetery near the former Marieval Indian Residential School.
We grieve with the Cowessess First Nation and all First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people who have been impacted by Canada’s residential school system. We acknowledge the atrocities that occurred within residential schools in Saskatchewan and across Canada and want the Indigenous community to know that we stand with you and are committed to truth and reconciliation.
There are resources available for those who need crisis, emotional, or spiritual assistance:
- The Residential School Crisis Support Line is open 24/7 and can be reached at 1-844-751-2133.
- The First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310.
- Indian Residential School Survivors and Family can contact:
- Toll-Free Line: 1-800-721-0066.
- 24-Hour National Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419.
- Native Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-877-209-1266.