Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
Notice of Special Meeting of Members
to be held on June 22, 2021 from 1800 – 2000 hrs.
Via GoToWebinar video platform
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a special meeting (the “Meeting”) of the members of the RPNAS will take place via video platform GoToWebinar on the 22nd day of June, 2021, from 1800 – 2000 hrs. for the following purposes:
- To discuss the financial viability and overall sustainability of the RPNAS
- To seek the input of the membership respecting the viability and overall sustainability of the RPNAS
- To vote on any resolutions necessary to support the financial position and sustainability of the RPNAS
Further particulars of the matters referred to above are set out below.
Dated this 4th day of June 2021.
Beverly Balaski, RN BN MN
Executive Director & Registrar
Re: RPNAS Notice of Special Meeting Financial Viability
and Overall Sustainability of RPNAS
June 22, 2021
The RPNAS is providing notice of a Special Meeting. Of issue is the financial viability and overall sustainability of the RPNAS.
Information presented at the 2021 annual meeting pertaining to the factors currently impacting the financial viability and sustainability of the organization requires further discussion. Factors affecting RPNAS include:
- Need for ongoing stabilization of RPNAS finances
- Declining Membership numbers
- Retirements are exceeding Graduates entering the profession
- Future mass retirements anticipated – 50% of RPNAS members are 55 years or older
- Limited RPN education seats – currently 32 funded seats with an additional 24 unfunded seats
The RPNAS is legislatively required to fulfill its regulatory obligations in order to maintain its self-regulatory status. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Establish requirements for licensure;
- Approve basic psychiatric nursing education programs;
- Register members and renew licenses;
- Establish, monitor and enforce practice standards, the code of ethics, and a continuing competence program;
- Receive, investigate, and adjudicate complaints pertaining to members competence and conduct;
- Administer a discipline process when required; and
- Provide practice advisement and support to members.
Discussion with members will be held to determine the necessary actions required for RPNAS to remain a relevant, viable and strong regulator.
We invite you to join the RPNAS Special Meeting via GoToWebinar video platform to be involved in this important discussion and assist in the development of required solutions.
Registration will be closed June 20, 2021 at midnight. Please register to attend by clicking the link below.