Employment Type: Permanent Full time
Posting Date: January 20, 2023
Closing Date: February 17, 2023
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week – some weekend and evening work required
Rate of Pay: Salary and benefits as per terms and conditions of employment
The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) is seeking a Nursing Practice Advisor. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for providing support to Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPNs), employers, government, key partners, and the public to contribute to safe, competent and ethical psychiatric nursing practice. Responsibilities include the application of RPNAS standards, competencies, ethics, and relevant research in providing practice advisement, the development and implementation of standards and practice guidelines, and the administration of the Association’s continuing education and quality assurance programs.
· Must hold an RPN designation – applicants without this credential will not be considered
· Master’s degree in psychiatric nursing or a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing accompanied by a Master’s degree in education, health/public administration or a related field
· An appropriate combination of other education and experience may be considered
· Must be registered or eligible for registration as an RPN in Saskatchewan
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
Experience and Skills:
· Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience as an RPN – must include experience in the domains of clinical practice – direct care, administration, or education
· Sound understanding of health professions legislation and the public protection mandate of regulatory bodies
· Must be proficient at conducting literature reviews, environmental scans coupled with excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze/synthesize information for the development of practice standards, guidelines, position statements and practice advisement
· Knowledge of the psychiatric nursing profession and mental health delivery systems
· Knowledge of psychiatric nurse education
· Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication
· Experience in teaching, facilitating, and presenting to large and small groups
· Experience with conflict resolution and managing difficult situations
· Experience in managing professional practice issues
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of database systems
This position requires some overnight travel provincially, nationally and internationally.
Please send a cover letter and resume to by Midnight February 17, 2023.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.